Translate

Wednesday 16 September 2015

Printer's Tray

I was lucky enough to get my hands on an old printer's tray sometime ago and I've decided to make it my project over winter.......over the dark dreary winter nights I'm going to try and turn it into a configurations display to hang on one of my walls here at home.

Needless to say I couldn't wait until the dark nights actually hit  and set too making one or two tiny books..... well, 15 actually!



















Here are a few more close up pictures.........





Most of them have pages inside but a couple have little 'objects' inside like this tiny feather that came from one of my pet bantams.


Or this Rangers Idea-ology fragment layered over a date. The title of this book is Resolutions....



Some have maps inside........




Or plaques like this little book which has the title Discover......




  or pages of tiny text......

This one has a small pack of playing cards inside which came out of my Christmas cracker last year.



I covered the front and back cover of each book with Tim Holtz paper which I aged/distressed with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and a touch of Treasure Gold. I also used both of these on the edges of my pages too.


My front covers are decorated with a mix of tiny images which I've squirrelled away with such a project in mind, doodling and/or  Ranger Remnant Rubs.




I think I'm going to be very, very busy this winter as these wee books have hardly filled a couple of the compartments in my printer's tray! 

Hope you liked them.... and thanks for taking a peek.

Carol. xx






1 comment:

  1. Now a printers tray of minis really sparks my interest! These are so amazing, tiny little treasures! What a wonderful way to keep the winter blues from creeping in. Can't wait to see it all finished. :)

    ReplyDelete