Translate

Thursday 9 July 2015

Dylusions Storage

I posted recently that I'd been to a workshop with Jim Hankins, The Gentleman Crafter. Unfortunately though, I could only attend one of the four workshops Jim's was running that weekend.  One of the workshops I missed was to make this Dylusions storage unit.......
 Isn't it great!

I purchased a kit from the workshop and made it up at home following Jim's excellent illustrated instructions. Everything I needed was in the kit and, similar to the Archivist's Journal, there wasn't any shortage of extra goodies. 
This is the side view of the unit and as you can see it has a pair of lovely lion head handles (I think these are 7gypsies but might be wrong) and a gorgeous white ceramic handle on the top.
The paper range was by Ranger. Although the unit only takes three or four 12 x 12 pages the whole 12 x 12 pad was in the kit, so there was ample choice of papers to use on the unit with plenty (an understatement) left over.

The unit is double sided, so big enough to house 24 Dylusions spray bottles which fit perfectly.  You could also use the unit to store smaller distress stain or paint daubers but for Dylusions the fit is just right.

The piste de resistance is that the whole unit is mounted on a shallow base which houses a Lazy Susan, enabling the whole unit to swivel around in one smooth gliding motion for easy access to the bottles at both the front and the back.... hence the reason for the little ceramic knob on the top......ingenious!
And this is the view of the top of the unit.......

This little unit now sits proudly in my craft room and for anyone who knows me that is a feat in itself as I like to tuck all my crafting bits and bobs tidily out of sight and usually have very little cluttering up my workspace or units when I'm not 'playing'. Ooops I've given the game away about how OCD I am!      

Happy crafting everyone and thanks for stopping by......

Carol. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment